The NUJ Paris is the French branch of the National Union and Journalists (Britain and Ireland). We bring together over 200 Anglophone journalists living and working in France in a vibrant network of writers and photographers, editors and reporters, freelancers and staffers.
The only English-speaking journalists group in France that has members’ welfare as its main focus, we offer:
- PRACTICAL HELP: your questions answered, the chance to discuss issues of concern and the close support you need in any difficulties with employers or commissioning editors.
- PRESS CARDS: UK, international and help with a French one if you want it.
- LEGAL ADVICE: NUJ Paris can point you to where to get legal advice and protection in France, the UK and elsewhere.
- FRANCOPHILIA A LA FOLIE: tap into decades of experience to help you deal with the intricacies of living and working in France - including taxation, social security and freelance status issues.
- WORK OPPORTUNITIES: access to job offers and requests from commissioning editors from across Europe on our Grapevine network
- REGULAR COMMUNICATION: keep up to date with the Paris branch newsletter, email network and website
- SENSE OF COMMUNITY: stave off expatriate and freelance isolation by joining a 200-strong community of journalists
- SOCIAL EVENTS: meetings, dinners, Christmas parties, Summer cruises and other activities
- NATIONAL ORGANISATION: access to all the services of the NUJ, the UK’s largest and most influential journalists’ organisation which include The Journalist magazine, the Freelance Fees guide, low-cost, high-quality training, numerous discounts on a variety of products from Apple computers to insurance and the chance to get involved in the union’s policy-making and campaigning
- INTERNATIONAL FOCUS: the NUJ Paris brings together Anglophones from across the world and is a great way to keep up with who's doing what in the global media marketplace.
Download this information as our leaflet Ten Reason To Join The Paris NUJ